How can we help?
Our thoughts and prayers go out to all affected by Cyclone Gabrielle, the devastation it has caused, and the terrible impact this ex-cyclonic storm has wrought on our people and our land in Aotearoa, New Zealand. We are witnessing huge amounts of strength and sadness, and the media pictures portray the huge scale of this disaster.
How can we help? The need now is primarily for financial help in the recovery and rescue stage. Here are a couple of links to websites where donations can be made.
- NZ Disaster Relief Fund set up by NZ Red Cross in conjunction with NZ Herald and NZME.
- Stuff NZ’s Givealittle page – Stuff is calling for readers to support the Red Cross and Mayoral Relief Funds in affected areas.
- Re-Source work specifically in Hawke’s Bay.
- Hawkes Bay has an underwear shortage. You can donate NEW underwear by sending it to 617 Fitzroy Ave, Hastings, 4120. Specialty items outside the standard Large/Medium/Small ranges are most appreciated. Find out more at this RNZ interview.
- RNZ also has a comprehensive list of organisations accepting donations of money or time to aid the recovery.
There are many people and organisations raising funds to help with this disaster, and if you haven’t already, please do help by contributing – every bit helps .
Our hearts go out to all.