The Auckland Unitarian Church is an open, progressive and welcoming faith community. To learn more about our community and values, please look around this website, or follow Auckland Unitarians on Facebook.
We are seeking a motivated, compassionate early childhood teacher to help us build our preschool children’s programme. We are looking for someone to provide safe, welcoming, developmentally appropriate care for infants and toddlers (up to age 5) during Sunday morning services, to ensure a safe environment for children and allow parents to participate fully in church life.
Skill set we are seeking:
- Understanding and experience of child development and age appropriate activities
- Able to adapt and implement a learning programme from a provided curriculum
- Knowledge of basics of child safety and welfare
- Well organised and reliable
- Ability to work effectively with other staff and volunteers
- Tactful and mature with a good sense of humour
- General understanding of and openness to Unitarian Universalist principles and philosophies
- Understanding of and willingness to work with the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi
- Must be at least 18 years old
- The successful candidate is required to have a police background check; if completed in connection with this employment, the background check will be covered financially by the church.
Please send your CV and two referees (one personal and one professional or educational) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 22 September 2019.