Following on from her talk – What are we waiting for? — the pitfalls of respectability – to us on International Women’s day 8th March, Rachel Mackintosh was part of this panel discussion hosted by the Human Rights Commission, held on Tuesday 10th March.
Gender and Economic Equality for Women in New Zealand: Progress and Challenges was chaired by the Right Honourable Helen Clark, former prime Minister of New Zealand, and featured panellists:
- Saunoamaali’i Karanina Sumeo, Equal Employment Opportunities Commissioner
- Prue Kapua, President of the Māori Women’s Welfare League
- Lisa Lawrence, National President National Council of Women
- Rachel Mackintosh, Council of Trade Unions
- Rebecca Barnes-Clark, Ministry for Women